How many fin Patents do you own.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just submitted one more through work. This makes two in process. No idea if they will ever come through. Not fin related. Since I don't have a patent (or a reject) yet I can't talk about them. Nice that work has a department just for patents. Bad part is I don't get to keep them.

Did one of the big companies every offer to pay license your awesome fins?

30 years since I started using force fins and I'm still shocked that they aren't everywhere. As soon as I saw a picture of them in a catalog I knew they would work better than what was out there.

My first pair of originals finally cracked in the blade a month ago while swimming laps. I probably used them at least 6000 times. I can't imagine how many bends and snaps that was. I've never owned anything that's survived that kind of abuse.

Thanks again for an awesome product.

Funny you bring this up, just recently dumped all the legal files against several groups of folks. Being the first to Patent " Split Fins" we had to fend off several creepy Dive Companies but won in the end. Sad story and totally waste of my time. Better to use your cash on a good marketing plan. In a case right now over our Trade Mark Name Force Fins. View attachment 648628

I appreciate your honesty. And good strategy focusing on enforcing the trademark. With your patents expiring and copycats being likely, you're being careful that the "Force Fins" trademark doesn't go generic.

Did one of the big companies every offer to pay license your awesome fins?

30 years since I started using force fins and I'm still shocked that they aren't everywhere. As soon as I saw a picture of them in a catalog I knew they would work better than what was out there.

My first pair of originals finally cracked in the blade a month ago while swimming laps. I probably used them at least 6000 times. I can't imagine how many bends and snaps that was. I've never owned anything that's survived that kind of abuse.

Thanks again for an awesome product.
I suspect they looked at the materials cost of making these fins and decided the size of the market at what they would need to charge was too small to support the initial outlay and ongoing inventory costs.

Especially when you consider who the customers are for the traditional scuba gear brands like Scubapro and Mares. It's the dive shops, not divers. You can certainly understand why the average shop would be unwilling to risk precious cash and shelf space on funny looking fins that cost 3x as much as conventional fins.

I appreciate your honesty. And good strategy focusing on enforcing the trademark. With your patents expiring and copycats being likely, you're being careful that the "Force Fins" trademark doesn't go generic.
Thank you, timing on your comments and this just came up last month. Really
IMG_5044-fw.jpg
shameful and her Legal Team is on it...

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg-fw.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg-fw.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 113
Tell us what you Patented...it is a honor to receive a patent.
My name is on two patents, one where I am the sole inventor, and the other as part of a team. The one where I am the sole inventor is something of which I am proud. Basically it is a concept of having a device driver (software that communicates with hardware) be adaptive to device types that have different kinds of communication pipes. This applies to USB, Bluetooth and other technologies. The first implementation was for USB, and it solved my employer's customers' common problems, and unloaded the task of supporting them as I provided a one stop shop that addressed their problems. Circa 2000, writing Windows drivers was largely undocumented and misunderstood, both inside and outside Microsoft. Microsoft developed the Windows Driver Framework which does violate my patent. My employer did monetize it and sold it in the six figures range (not sure how much above 100K). The former CTO of the company informed me of the sale as I had left the company years prior.

My name is on two patents, one where I am the sole inventor, and the other as part of a team. The one where I am the sole inventor is something of which I am proud. Basically it is a concept of having a device driver (software that communicates with hardware) be adaptive to device types that have different kinds of communication pipes. This applies to USB, Bluetooth and other technologies. The first implementation was for USB, and it solved my employer's customers' common problems, and unloaded the task of supporting them as I provided a one stop shop that addressed their problems. Circa 2000, writing Windows drivers was largely undocumented and misunderstood, both inside and outside Microsoft. Microsoft developed the Windows Driver Framework which does violate my patent. My employer did monetize it and sold it in the six figures range (not sure how much above 100K). The former CTO of the company informed me of the sale as I had left the company years prior.
Way over my head, SB helped me learn how to post and correct my English...wish it could curb my comments, but then what can I say I am a Artist. Well be nice if you might help me with software to track mileage saving with our Aerohance Project. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric You sound super smart to have done what you Patented. Bet you wish you got some of that money...that is why I have worked for myself since High School. Never got a raise at Dive N Surf, which Bob and Bill were buying more toys...

Attachments

• bob-opispo-fw.jpg
    bob-opispo-fw.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 87
Way over my head, SB helped me learn how to post and correct my English...wish it could curb my comments, but then what can I say I am a Artist. Well be nice if you might help me with software to track mileage saving with our Aerohance Project. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric
That's way outside my area of expertise. You need more of a web services developer for that.

Beautiful Susanne does so much for Force Fin and our future projects. America in a true form.
IMG_7181.gif

Back
Top Bottom