How many dives a day???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggest trouble i have in diving 3 or more dives a day is finding a buddy that's willing to keep up
or a dive center open long enough
on my trip to the maldives i could only do 3 a day as the dive center was only open for a couple of hours at a time 3 times a day so getting refils wasn't easy, then people on holiday mostly don't want to dive till they drop
33 dives in 13 diving days was the most i was able

DandyDon:
Some very good responses have been given on dives per day, however that's not what she asked exactly. She asked about one day, and while she doesn't list her dive experience, I think it's a bit less than experienced.

Ma'am, if your jumping into a one day start & stop adventure, I hope you have all your gear ready and some recent experience of some kind. And I'd suggest forgetting trying to economize with shore dives, but spend the money for the convenience, safety and support of boat dives. Doing 3 or 4 dives with one operator in a day will be a challenge if you're not in good shape, but with his help, it's doable. If you're in good shape, you may even be able to face the children that evening. :11:

UMMM....spoken like a true Texan.....Why, little lady......

Allison Finch:
UMMM....spoken like a true Texan.....Why, little lady......
ya, he's cute, huh? :)

I used operators right in downtown PDC. It was walking distance for me. I never tried more than 2 dives per day. I've had boat trips with 2 tank dives both in either the morning or afternoon.

Shore diving is not much of an option. It's very shallow quite a ways out.

Cenotes: The operator drove me to Dos Ojos for 2 dives. It's about an hour drive each way. About six hours total time.

Night dives are not daily. Usually by request with a minimum number of people or a certain day of the week.

Four dives seems doable. However, I recommend a 3 mil full suit even if only two dives.

Word of caution, the Dive guides will tell you your going down X feet for X minutes which may work on your dive tables, but, in reality you might get deeper and possibly exceeding your NDL. This happened on three of my dives with two different operators between Coz and PDC. I had to extend my safety stop using a computer. I ran the tables when I got home, which, went way off the chart on the first dive.

So, trying to maximize your number of dives, you'll need to pay close attention to your time, depth and SI. Don't put total trust in your guides.

Back
Top Bottom