How Many Divers Play Musical Instruments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fortunately for the rest of the world, I don't. When I played trombone in my jr. high school band, my band director asked me to just move my slide in and out as we marched, but not to blow through the mouthpiece. And, no, I wasn't asked to go to "band camp."

And, no, I wasn't asked to go to "band camp."

Adult Band Camp - everything you can imagine about Band Camp from nerds on parade to who's sleeping with who and intense politics over who gets to play what and with who - but with adults instead of kids. Spent a few years on the organizing committee of an orchestral version for adults. Was a lot of fun, but extremely time consuming - highly recommended for getting your groove back if you have been away from music for a while or want to recharge. There are camps for jazz, dixieland, wind band, chamber music, orchestra, beginner, advanced, pretty much whatever you are looking for.

I play the flute...miserably :)

Trumpet - 30 Years
For fun and the occasional wedding
Bach Strad B-flat

I play the flute really, really bad according to my children. Wonder if that's why the dogs howl like mad?? lol

I play the piano and keyboards (organs/synths etc) - and the guitar.

I've played keyboards professionally...several club/pub bands on the London circuit in the 70's, and in Holland in the 80's.... but now I just play piano or guitar in the schools I teach in for the kids to sing songs - Japanese kids LOVE singing! :D

Started learning the piano when I was 8, and the guitar when I was 14. I also used to play the euphonium in the school orchestra, and the bugle in the cadet corps.....(I always played the "Last Post" on Remembrance Sunday)

Here's a view from my office when I work...

spearhead1.jpg
Nice office!:D

I did quite some sound & lights engineering in Holland as well. Many gigs in the Melkweg & Paradiso.....

They didn't have that view.....but there were "other" compensations! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom