How many days in Pemuteran?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I am thinking of going to Pemuteran (at Reef Seen Aquatics) in May. I have only 10 days holidays, 3 of which will be spent travelling from Europe to Pemuteran and back.
Are 7 days too much for this location? As my holidays are short, I'd prefer to travel anymore once I am arrive at this location.
Your opinion would be much appreciated.
Thanks

In Bali? Have been to Permuteran (or Pemuteran) as a day trip from the nearby Menjangan, really impressed by the night dive at the muck site "Monkey Pirate Jetty" & Napolean Reef was quite good! However, I prefer Menjangan & Tulamben (a lot more!). Permuteran is quite a nice chill-out place, good for relaxing on the gently sloping black sandy beach.
What sort of diving do you like? Bali has them all... ;-)

Looks like you will have 8 days in Bali then, as 2 out of your 10 days' holiday will be spent flying from & back to Europe. If that is the case, then I would recommend a safari trip, taking in Pemuteran, Tulamben & Padang Bai. All the best diving in Bali are in or around those places. If you choose to remain in the same resort throughout, you are likely to end up making many long-distance day trips to those places - that is, if you wish to dive the best sites in Bali. I certainly would not recommend staying in any one of those 3 locations mentioned for more than 3-4 days, unless you are willing to do the long-distance day-trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom