How many days in Lembeh and Gangha?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tangkoko National Park - You can ask your dive operation to book you into one of the inexpensive homestays located at the entrance to the park (and transport) and you can make dusk and dawn walks in the park with a local guide.

Go to Tulamben first & then decide how many more nites u want to stay? I think it will be difficult to leave Tulamben after just 2 nites...

Lembeh is wonderful!

I was really excited for the extra days in Lembeh this time....until today. My TA informed me the Manado to Sorong flight was canceled. Now I have to leave a day earlier and early in the day to go spend the night in somewhere called Ujung Pandang. Then when I finally get to Sorong and to Sorido I miss a couple of additional dives.....Love the Indonesian airlines!

Ujung Pandang is the new name for makkasar. Its in south Sulawasi. Its one of the major transit hubs for all domestic flights. When my Sorong-Manado flight was cancelled i had to fly Sorong-Ujung Pandang then to Manado. I think the airport is quite far from the city.

Decisions, decisions!

Got your note about Tulamben. We're still trying to figure out how many days at each place on our month long trip next July. Right now it's 3 nights in Singapore (2 1/2 days to visit the sights there. I see you're from Singapore--any suggestions on interesting and/or unusal things to do? We're planning on the bird park, zoo, night safari at zoo, orchid garden..but would love suggestions if you have some) 4 nights in Toraga area, 5 nights at Lembeh, 6 nights at Gangga Island Resort, 5 nights in Ubud, 2 nights in Tulamben. We're thinking about spending a night near Tangkoko National Park as well, and maybe a night in Tomohon. Sounds like you really liked Tulamben. Do you think it would be better to have a third night there (any suggestions on places to stay?) or to have an extra night at Lembeh or Gangga? If we skip Tomohon or Tangkoko we'd have an extra night to play with. What do you think?

I would go for more Lembeh and do as many night dives as possible. Great fun, never know what you will see. We saw a crab spawning.

In 2007 we visited Makassar - they had changed the name back from Ujung Padang. Has it changed again?

No has not changed. Do you have a place you can recommend to stay in Ujung Padang for 1 nite?

Last edited:
highdesert...thanks that looks good and very reasonable....Passed it on to my TA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom