How many days in Dauin with this itinerary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to go to Dauin then Alona since I plan to fly from Tagbilaran to Manila to head to Anilao.

I was going to go to Dauin then Alona since I plan to fly from Tagbilaran to Manila to head to Anilao.
You can fly from Dumaguete to Manila also---its maybe a 30 minute ride from the resorts to the airport---Tagbilarons airport is very new and much closer to Alona than the old airport---Dumaguete's airport is pretty small and cramped.

Hmm so my options are
1. Arrive Cebu
Ferry to Tagbilaran , ferry to Dumaguete fly to Manila

2. Arrive Cebu
Fly to Dumaguete, ferry to Tagbilaran, fly to Manila

Seems fairly even. Are there any pros or cons for either itinerary? I “should” be able to get to either island the same day I arrive...

At the moment I’m thinking 5 dive days each in Dauin and Alona then 5-7 in Anilao. I was going to include Puerto Galera but was there in November.

Hi,
I think the only thing to consider is how much baggage you are travelling with. The Cebu Pacific flights from Cebu to Dumaguete are with smaller planes, and your max pre-booked baggage is 20kg/40lb (no sports bag allowed). You can have heavier bag but then you are subject to Excess Baggage Fees. So if you plan to travel with your own dive gear plus and possibly UW camera, it might make sense to go to Bohol first to avoid that Cebu-Dumaguete flight. For Dumaguete-Manila flights you can pre-book full international baggage allowance.

Have a great trip!

Road trip from Cebu to Dauin takes about 5hrs with a private car or a bus, depending on the traffic and the Liloan/Duma barge schedule.
I am trying to remember the answer at your price question with Azure. Probably a little more than Mike's for the lodging and equivalent for the dives, but their guides are really top (they were first recommended to me by Snoopy and this man can't be wrong on anything about diving in Dauin.).
If Macro is your main concern, I wasn't impressed with the macro in Sipalay, many Elysia and Aplysia nudis and not much else for the rest, I find Alona much more varied in that respect (and for the Okenia nakamotoensis or Kendoi). On the other hand the deep dives were good there with a lot of fishlife.
Anda on Bohol was a real disappointment very mundane reefs despite all the advertizing and buzz they want to create as an alternative to Alona, the white sand macro is two steps below Dauin.
You should forget Siquijor as well.
There's supposed to be "some" diving in Santander/Liloan at the southern tip of Cebu, cant say... probably the Moalboal type with more current and without the sardines. (posh Emoha dive resort or smaller ones South Seas, Neptune)
Is there night diving at Azure? There is no mention of it on their website.

I did two night dives with Azure, one of which on Masaplod only 4 minutes boatride from the resort was fabulous, highlights were banded tozeuma shrimps, a huge Cyerce elegans the size of my hand, a Ambon scorpionfish couple, hairy shrimps and more juvenile frogfish (Randall's, Ocellated, Painted, etc.) you could shake a stick at.

I think I’ll have 6-7 nights in Dauin.
The pricing at Azure and Pura Vida is an $85 difference with Azure the more expensive.
Azure is 1/2 board and 3 dives a day while PV is breakfast only with up to 4 dives a day.

Mikes is also in the running. With 3 dives and no food, mikes is about $50 cheaper.

The isolation of Azure gives me pause as does the largeness of Pura Vida. I do like the gym at Pura Vida.

It’s the intangibles that are hard to compare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom