How long will an Analox EII sensor last if hardly ever used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Divers,
Much like a brand new sealed battery, time will eventually deplete the oxygen sensor whether it is used or sitting on the store shelf.

So you mean sensor wears out even when packed in the plastic vacuum bag, on the store shelf? Does protective cap then help either?
I kind of thought that exposure to oxygen wears out the O2 sensor.

Well, the big question is how long has it been sitting around???
He relisted it, but I had already ordered a sensor from Scuba Toys. Told them I was on SB (SB discount), didn't really want to pay shipping and Texas taxes both since we are both in Texas, and - that another site was $5 cheaper, but I really liked buying from them if they could cut me a deal. He made me a very good deal! :D

New units have come down a lot. LP offers it for $230 here and while Scuba Toys lists it higher, I bet you can ask them to beat that. Does not include the extras you really want tho; they also list Plus Pelican Storage Case, Sensor Saver Cap & 23" Nitrox Tank Sticker for $245 and again - I bet one could get ST to beat that. :cool2:
So you mean sensor wears out even when packed in the plastic vacuum bag, on the store shelf? Does protective cap then help either?
I kind of thought that exposure to oxygen wears out the O2 sensor.
Their site advises to not buy replacement sensors until needed as they do indeed age some even packaged. I'm sure that the Pelican box and Saver Cap both help a lot, and are why mine lasted so long. LP charges $13 for the cap even tho new units are shipped with them included I think, but ST sells them for $7.75 here. Don't know what they'd charge to send one overseas, but they will - or you might find it for less locally.

Big ScubaToys fan, but through Bing you can get 10% cashback on LeisurePro. Bringing their analyzer, pelican case, sensor cap and nitrox tank sticker pack down to $220.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom