How long since you went to the Prom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, let's see . . .
. . . the uni-brow was still the rage among the youg ladies and the saber tooth cat fur tux was the "in thing" for the young beauxs to be wearing.

the K-ave Man

Do you have a stone carving to show?? :D

ok...I'm in!!

Prom1991.jpg

Proms? I don't believe they'd been invented when I was in high school. Oh, now I remember. My Mom threatened to make me go to junior prom with my sister so at the last minute I invited a girl from our sister school who I hadn't seen in two years. We had a nice time. Fortunately there are no pictures... I don't think Matthew Brady was around with his daguerotype (sp?) that year.

Senior prom was even worse. Every morning they announced on the school loudspeaker that Tom Hallquist (student council president), Lee Arbetman (Sr class pres) and Bill Bushing (Sr class VP) did not have dates to the prom. Lee broke down at the last minute, but Tom (my best bud from high school) and I tried to walk into the prom in t-shirts and cut-offs... and were promptly tossed out the door.

This is the best I can do... a picture from our hometown paper announcing a formal dance that my parents and others sponsored when we were in college.

Holly%20Ball%20photo.jpg

Sorry Pete...I hope I didn't stir up any bad memories for you :hugs:

:wink:

I was hoping for someone with bigger hair than me...:D

I didn't GO to my prom in High School. :)

Neither did I. And I'm just as glad I didn't see (name withheld), who had just broken up with his girlfriend, walk into the prom with his mom, wearing the corsage that he had bought for his girlfriend! :11:

I cannot believe that was 30 years ago! OMG!!! :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom