How long and how many............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy:
Howdy fellow Texas divers,,,,,not that it really matters.....but how long have you been diving and how many dives have you made??????

I've been diving for 32 yrs. Started in 1972. Have over 200 logged dives. There was a 15 yr period that I only dove a couple times per year, but back in it strong now!

Original certification was thru YMCA
Did PADI Rescue Diver in 1986 and I finished my Divemaster cert in Feb of this year

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

What a great response!! Sounds like we have some super divers here in the Lone Star state.......that wonderful.

Began diving in 1972 or 73 with little or no training, let-a-lone any type of certification (gear was available and air was cheep), got hooked...lots of dives in good ole PK. Got married in the early 80's, jobs, careers, etc...no time for diving. Got certified in '96 logged the first 55 dives religiously...daughter arrived in '98...diving more sporadic...got lazy didn't keep a log...computer died lost all records of at least 65 to 100 dives. Just started getting back in the game with 8 glorious dives in Cozumel about two weeks ago :eyebrow: . Would have to estimate the total number of dives between 125 and 175. Plan to be adding more real soon!

I've been certified for about a year now.
Have a little over 200 dives (including training and teaching dives) already. 3 Cozumel Trips, and I have a cruise to Belize, Rotaan, Coz, Cancun scheduled for October.

Just finished up my Assistant Instructor, and have started my NAUI Instructor course with Greg Gebhardt.

I just got my ow in the begining of May. Have logged 30 dives so far and just finished my rescue diver class last weekend. That was the toughest thing I have yet to do in diving. I still have only been diving in the lakes around here and am looking forward to the chance to get to do some reef diving.

I loved Rescue Class!

The only thing better than taking rescue class, is helping to teach it. It's very interesting to see the different thought processes students will following during their scenario's. You learn something new every time.

The last class I helped with, a student used his video camera with the Lens cap still on, as a method of recording people's voices for record keeping. It was a nice touch.

can't remember at the moment, but I think it's around 110. I dive about 4 dives a weekend now. 131 fsw in Lake Travis. I'm going for the TDI training, adv. nitrox and extended range. I'm working as a DM and will stay at this position for a while. I need more dives, more practice, and more training.

Why not?

I'm one of the oldest divers on the board. I know there is at least one other older than me. I have been diving on compressed gas since 1955. Skin dove and spearfished before that. Have 2500+ lifetime dives including commercial and professional work. Wife surprised me and took it up two years ago while I was underwater on a dive in Jamaica. We're leaving tomorrow for Nassau, Bahamas for a mini reunion with family. Only the five grandchildren are not divers. We'll probably do a discover scuba with an 11 year old granddaughter while there. Wife, Ann, will do her 100th while there. We'll check back in next week when we get back!

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom