How long after a flight to Cebu from Manila can I go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissElaine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I know that diving after a long haul flight is definitely not good and a 24 hour wait is recommended in order to recover from jet lag, dehydration etc. I will have been in the Manila for 2 weeks, and will be flying from Manila to Dumaguete quite early in the morning. I'd like to get stuck in with my diving as soon as possible, but obviously without the risk of a DI. Does anyone know how long after a 1hr flight can you go diving??

Cheers,

Elaine

Get off the plane, get to Dumaguete, throw yourself in the water! (Possibly pausing to kit up first). Are you going to Apo Island?

Haha cheers for that Grim! Yeah gonna head to Apo Island first for a couple of days then Dauin area. I'm doing a 2 week intensive dive trip in the Visayas! I can't wait!!

Elaine, you don't need to wait! It's after a dive that you need to wait 24hours to get the Nitrogen out of your system before flying. Not the other way around.

As soon as you get to your destination, if you feel physically and mentally up to it (and after only a 1 hour flight I don't see why you wouldn't), go diving!!!!!

Hope this helps!:coffee:

Hi everyone,

I know that diving after a long haul flight is definitely not good and a 24 hour wait is recommended in order to recover from jet lag, dehydration etc. I will have been in the Manila for 2 weeks, and will be flying from Manila to Dumaguete quite early in the morning. I'd like to get stuck in with my diving as soon as possible, but obviously without the risk of a DI. Does anyone know how long after a 1hr flight can you go diving??

Well, I went diving in Anilao after a 13 hour flight to Teipei, a 2.5 hour flight to Manila and a 3 hour van ride to Anilao. A one hour flight is nothing to be concerned about but on the international stay rested and hydrated.:D

Thanks guys....thanks for clearing that up for me! As soon as I get to Apo Island I'm going diving! Woo hoo!

Drink a load of water on the plane to combat dehydration. Couple of snooze tablets and Bob's your mother's brother.*

*I have never actually tried this, but it seems workable.

Thanks guys....thanks for clearing that up for me! As soon as I get to Apo Island I'm going diving! Woo hoo!

You'll love it. Are you staying on the island? I was at Liberty Lodge for a week last May for the second time. I practicaly had a private guided tour for almost every dive.:D

Yeah hopefully gonna stay there. Have emailed them about availability and diving with Paul's Diving.

i'll echo the keep hydrated part... maybe bring a bottle or 2 of gatorade (the plastic sports bottles available almost anywhere) for this purpose

i got injured diving after a 1.75 hour flight also because i was dehydrated... so keep rested and hydrated

enjoy the visayas!

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom