how important are watches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At work, we were forced to attend an "email course" that discussed the proper use of language in emails as well as how typing certain ways "inferred" things. First off, I hate that because so much(excuse the pun) is read into an email, especially when it is from someone you don't know or don't particually care for. I mean, you have to consider the context and the writter to fully understand or appreciate the point.

Any who, when you type in all caps, according to this PC government course, you are yelling at the reader! I agree with Joe, I use caps to express my point or get attention. I never thought I was yelling at anyone! Email is so much a part of our life now, I think in high school more attention should be paid to writting skills as it has become a mainstay of modern communication. Who would have ever thunk it?

Sometimes at work, I will refuse to answer issues via email, rather, I go to the person(s) and we do that old fashion thing, called TALKING!

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER. ACTUALLY, I DID N0T SAY IT BETTER!

Joewr

Hey all,

:argue:

Passion is great and passionate debate can be exhilirating, but let's not take it too far either way. We can all have differing veiw points and still get wet. What I am saying that each of us dives for our own special reasons. For some the methodology is paramount, and they love doing it in that special way that perhaps the guy doing it for only sight seeing reasons can't see. One is out to "master their diving environment" and the other just to "roam the seas". Is either really wrong? Nope. Their focus is on different areas, but they both have to master certain skills (like breathing under water). Now the former will have far finer skills than the second, but so what? Its how he enjoys his diving, and so it should be! The second one enjoys his diving by not being married to memorizing the tables in his spare time, and that's OK too.

No matter how you cut it, they both love to dive. One may be dependent on his computer, the other on his intrinsinc knowledge of diving tables and physiology, but they can both dive safely in the same sea. Neither may agree with the other, but in all actuality, diving is still one of the safest sports around, and thats in SPITE of some of those nimrods we have all seen mucking around on the bottom.

Please don't take this as my assertion that we should just give anybody a computer and regulator and let 'em have at it. More than most, I take learning about my sport seriously, and I can more than hold my own when it comes to talking about and then following proper procedures. Safety first, and that means an acute awareness of all that is going on beneath the waves. However, as a PADI Dive Master, I get to see people from all spectrums of training, and I enjoy diving with most of them. I love to see their eyes when they see something cool. I really love to DM for an OW class, just to see the looks when they are under the water and still breathing for the first time (and still only in a pool). I do believe in proper training, and I do not believe in making diving less accessible. Most of all, I believe in every body's right to do it for their own personal reasons.

:bounce:

A Citizen Hyper Aqualand, A Rolex, A Doxa, A sundial (both Aztec and Egyptian), An hour glass, A Chinese Water Clock,
A Cuckoo Clock (but you knew that) and of course my dive computer. I find myself running out of arms.

Just thought you'd like to know

ID

Back
Top Bottom