• 2-3 hours

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • more than 4 hours

Votes: 89 49.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omicron once bubbled...
When do I get enough money to have my employees dress with the logos and names of my toys on their clothes!?

When you stop blowing all your spare cash on expensive dive gear and start putting it into your piggy bank instead.

Omicron sounds more like a software company than a person: maybe you should take out a patent on the name and license it to some up and coming tech company and then you might be able to afford the yacht and employees. I hear there's a chap called Bill Gates who might be a good bet.

:eek:ut:

I'd have to be fairly despirate to drive real far for 30-40 feet of water. If that's all that's available, I'd do it with out question. Fortunately we have lots of water and a wide variety of senery.
Wreck/Tec

Home Base - Flint MI.
Well, local diving is about 20 minutes away, once the ice melts.

Its about 1 hour to Port Huron.

Its about 2.5 hours to Gilboa OH.

Its about 2.5 hours to Higgins Lake.

Its about 3.0 hours to Alpena.

Its at least 3.5 hours to Traverse City, unless you have a steel bladder and don't eat.

I would do any of these at the wisper of the word GO.

Irishdiver once bubbled...

Omicron sounds more like a software company than a person:

It was a definitely a person - we asked the crew.

Not a bad idea on the patent though. It seems like you can patent just about anything these days. It's worth a shot!

Oh man, I can't imagine driving those distances to get in the water!
Sometimes we drive 2-5 minutes if that. I guess there are advantages to living on an island! We usually take a half hour lunch and drive around looking for convenient places to park/ get in the water.

On the other hand, we may also take a 4 hour boat ride on the Corlimaness to get to where we want- it all depends on what our family is up to.

I lucky enough to be stuck here on a little island. 75 miles long, widest point, 12 miles.. Longest drive for a dive is an hour... But I do some boat dives that are almost 2 hour ride... Tough I know.

9 - 10 hours to Florida...going to the springs for OW checkouts.

Temperature was in the 20s here at the time...didn't have much of a choice.

I'm going to get a dry suit so I can dive locally year around.

We do most of our diving in Hood Canal or South Puget Sound which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home. Both locations offer sites for novice and advanced diving. The Canadian border is about a 5 hour drive plus another 2 hour ferry ride to Nanaimo BC. The diving in Canada is awesome and a bargin with the exchange rates. There are fresh ( if that's what you want to call it ) water lakes within a 40 minute drive from home but no thanks.

Our local divesites (2) are less than an hour's drive from home.
However, we regularly drive 7-8 hours to go diving, but then it is for a weekend with at least 5 dives off the South African and Mozambiquan coast.

I will drive locally, 15 minutes to do a river dive, 20-30 minutes to do a lake dive. Then there is 5 1/2 hours to Ginnie Springs, 7 hours to Panama City, 9 1/2 hours to West Palm Beach, 14 hours to the Keys. But, it is also only 20 minutes to the airport, then maybe 4 hours to Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom