How early is too early?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too. Thinking of trying to get a ledge dive in the day before or after too.

With AS you just call and they will start the charter. Then question is whether enough sign up. Which ledge you thinking of?

With AS you just call and they will start the charter. Then question is whether enough sign up. Which ledge you thinking of?
Will call and see about a ledge trip. Any recommendations on inner or outer ledges? Pretty open, figured inner was simplier but not set on it

I am up for a ledge dive in April. Nice thing about April and May diving is sometimes you can still get that west to north west wind that makes everything slick calm. Of course, if it is that calm I guess I will just go out on my boat. I know a really nice 10 foot ledge in a hard bottom area called " south rock" on the charts. 75-85 deep. 22 miles out. Got to be 5 mil and no hood temps though. Hate a hood.
Steve C, maybe we can hook up sometime for a coffee.

I went out to the Hyde, the Outer Ledge, and the Gill this past weekend. Great conditions all 3 days.

Bottom temps were 58 on the Hyde and 66 on the Outer Ledge. I didn't splash on Mon, so I'm not sure about the Gill, but the initial report from the hooker was 66 on the bottom at the Gill, too.

Gill/Hyde on April 27 is now full. We got the AS I which is a bigger boat, more room to get out of the breeze if a cool day.

I went out to the Hyde, the Outer Ledge, and the Gill this past weekend. Great conditions all 3 days.

Bottom temps were 58 on the Hyde and 66 on the Outer Ledge. I didn't splash on Mon, so I'm not sure about the Gill, but the initial report from the hooker was 66 on the bottom at the Gill, too.

Should be up into the mid to high 60s on both sites by late April. Maybe low 70s if weather stays warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom