How does this look for insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Now, the very best camera insurance is available to many at State Farm with their Personal Articles Policy, it's just great - pays for computers ruined by power surges which home owners policies will not, flooded or stolen cameras, etc. If you can get that where you live, go for it. Can't be beat. They let me go after a few claims tho. :depressed:

I just bought a used cell phone on ebay and the seller had this company send me an email offer, that I took: SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative But they also offer third party warranties with accidental coverage...!!

I'm not concerned about extended warranty as Sealife is just a great company, commonly willing to help a diver beyond the factory warranty, but anyone can break or flood a camera. I have not been carrying my DC1200 as my every day camera (and I do carry one anytime I leave the house) as I'd hate to break it or get it wet, but it looks like I can cover it for that and flooding as well for 3 years for $75 - and they offered me 30% off of that as a repeat customer. They either fix it or refund the purchase price - no deductible. Looks like a good deal to me, maybe if I am willing to stretch the truth in how it got wet? :eyebrow: I guess I'd have to call it a spill incident but if they don't ask too many questions, maybe I wouldn't need to lie - which I wouldn't.

Oops, I did run into one problem. I bought the camera last December and the warranty has to be purchased within 90 days - new or used purchase. Well, not this time, but maybe another time...?​

Haha their cell phone insurance does have a deductible, but after my grandson drowned one Droid and broke the replacement both in a month, he may be going with them next.

Be very wary of all third party warranties, etc. These companies look like US companies and appear to comply with all US insurance regulations, but many times do not. They often are tied to off shore companies with inadequate cash reserves to pay claims and are immune to US regulatory actions.

I just received a bankruptcy check from a bankruptcy settlement with Warranty Gold dating back years ago! This company was widely known in the industry as a top-rated company for aftermarket auto warranties. Everyone liked them. Well, they went bankrupt (inadequate reserves) and it turns out their assets were all held offshore somewhere and it took years and years to get back pennies on the dollar of wasted insurance premiums. Never again. State Farm sounds ok, but if you abuse them, they will drop you.

what would the state farm policy cost for say a dc1400 with a strobe. ruff idea not looking for a qoute..... :)

what would the state farm policy cost for say a dc1400 with a strobe. ruff idea not looking for a qoute..... :)
Amazingly cheap. I don't have figures as I had a lot of claims and got dropped, but came out way ahead, and they were so easy to deal with. Call them...

i have a state farm office right down the street. ill have to stop in as soon as i get the camera Monday.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom