How does this look for a setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just found this setup for $200. I've looked into getting a bpw setup a little but thought this sounded like a killer deal. What am I missing here???

View attachment 29479
Weight Integration - 30 lb capacity (20 lbs Diver releasable - 10 lbs non-diver releasable trim weights for improved weight distribution and balance)
Contoured shoulder straps
Stainless Steel back-plate
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel single tank adapter counter-plate
Crotch Strap
Adjustable waistband, assures stability and comfort
8 Stainless Steel D-Rings
Front expandable pocket
Sternum strap
1000 Denier Ballistic material
SIZES/LIFT: Small/75 (THIS BC RUNS EXTREMLY LARGE - FITS MORE A LIKE A MEDIUM)
FULL MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY

Nice rig, has been around for a while. Fact is though Mares bought Dacor and is phasing out the line. But for $200, you can't beat it.

Is a great bc! I have one I just changed out of. I slowly took off the Dacor parts and changed out to a hog style system. Just switched out the plate last week. Once I have a good single tank wing I will reassemble the Dacor and sell it. $200 is an excellent price for what you are getting! It was originally msrp $729.

I like the plate quite a bit. When I got my new plate I drilled it out to match the Dacor plate.

The only thing to watch out for is the lift rating. I was given the impression that I had a 70# wing only to find out the day I was going to try to use it with my doubles that it was closer to a 45# wing. The doubles squeezed off at least a third of the lift capacity leaving me short on lift. Other than that I have never had a complaint with the Rig.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of a bp/w. You will absolutely LOVE it!

scubajoh44:
FULL MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY

I just noticed the above tag on your post. I wouldn't count on that warranty. Search the forums for threads on Dacor customer support since the buyout. Still a great price on a great piece of gear!

I'm gonna start a new post....I need more advice. Come on over. I just ordered it and don't know what I'm doing.

Looks like a great deal. Maybe you can go even cheaper if you rig up your own harness.

Whoops. Too late.

It was a package deal anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom