How does this deal sound?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigred177

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i have the opportunity to buy two neptune 2 full face masks for $800 with the communication system. after searching around it looks like the opininon here is to not buy a neptune 2 mask unless you can get a really good deal on it. so what im wondering is, is this a good enough deal to warrant buying these or should i just pass and move on? i was thinking that just the communication equipment would be worth the price but then would i be able to resell the masks to make some money back?
thanks

I don't care for the mask so the question is could the coms be adapted to other masks, of do you like the mask, or is $800 too much for a toy that you'll use a few times? What kind of coms? I don't know any one who wants the bare masks, there maybe someone out there ... I don't know everybody.:D

I don't care for the mask so the question is could the coms be adapted to other masks, of do you like the mask, or is $800 too much for a toy that you'll use a few times? What kind of coms? I don't know any one who wants the bare masks, there maybe someone out there ... I don't know everybody.:D

the coms are the OTS MKII buddy phone. my thinking was that those could be adapted to a Poseidon or something like that when i had the money for it. from what i have looked at i think they can.

I'd say a used pair of Buddy Phones might be worth $600. They could easily adapt to an AGA.

You could put the Buddy Phones on an EXO26 or a Kirby Morgan M-48. At one time there was a mouth pod from OTS that you stuck you regulator through to make a small air space for the Buddy Phone mike. There are options, but even off eBay you are probably looking at $500 for a new mask to put the com unit in.

If you just want an expensive toy to play with, than go for it. Otherwise if it was me, I would pass and go get a system that is more highly reccomended.

for a little more background my buddy and i are recovering things out at the lake he lives on. we usually attach ourselves together with a line but even with that the vis only varies from about 0-6 inches. so it would be nice to communicate with him somehow. so while you could call it playing theres a little more there.

Back
Top Bottom