How do you use your scooter?

What is your major use for your scooter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is exclusive for long beach dive usage.

After diving @ Lauderdale by the Sea.
I knew then, i had to have one.

If I used it for overhead environments,
I'd definitely have a Gavin or X-Scooter

If I used it for overhead environments,
I'd definitely have a Gavin or X-Scooter

Silent Submersions are used a lot in cave country. It is likely I see more SS's than Gavins & X's combined. I see a few gavins & X's around here, but relatively few.

See the SS website here

I just dove my first dive with my new Silent Submerge N-19 last Saturday. GREAT FUN! Covered a lot of ground with little air use. Current was no prob. These things are amazing. I think delivery will probably be the main purpose after the giant grin wears off.

Congratulations! That's only a beginning, they get even more fun as you go along!

Last Monday I had one of my most fun scooter dives ever. Here's some video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSj7Zu-eWBs

Well really the same to me ... delivery and touring I liked the sound of touring better. Delivery sounds to much like work.

I don't use mine for any of those. I strictly use it to dig holes in the sand around the wreck to see what I can find. So I guess excavating

Delivery 60% and then excavating 40%.

I lean mostly towards touring. I do often stop and explore or investigate truly unique findings. But most of the time I am touring.

Occasionally I will do the counter-clockwise barrel rolls. At least once per dive. But not a lot more than that.

I won my scooter last dec and only used it twice... so i lend it fulltime to other divers and the feedback im getting is they use it to explore new sites and to avoid the huge swims out there and back

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom