How do you take record?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a Industrial Design Student, and I'm developing a project based on underwater communication/data input, that could help you take notes and record of events underwater.

I would love to hear what kind of devices do you use and how, if they are efficient or not, and if you could come up with something that would help you with surveys, notes, etc. How would this device look like, where would you put it, how would you use it, what materials can be used.

I would really appreciate your feedback and experience,

Thanks a lot

Design Student

Why not design an immersible touchscreen tablet PC? Like a Panasonic Toughbook taken one step further. Of course, it could only go to 60'. The more-expensive 'advanced' model could go to 130'.

I would love to hear what kind of devices do you use and how, if they are efficient or not, and if you could come up with something that would help you with surveys, notes, etc. How would this device look like, where would you put it, how would you use it, what materials can be used.

The device I use...

pencil37.png

I use that device to record notes, observations, etc in this device...

54abfaff5cbe225085765a5eabb6f9f9.jpg

Which looks like this when you "boot it up" underwater...

HalcyonNotebook.jpg

They never require batteries or recharging. They never "crash" or "lock up" and are virtually indestructible.

I'm all for technological advances, but some things don't need to be made any more complicated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom