How do you store o-ring for WP-DC 30 housing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the proper/best method to store the o-ring for the WP-DC 30 housing? Should it be removed and stored in a plastic bag, or leave in place and close/lock housing, or leave in place but leave housing opened so no pressure on o-ring in housing?

If I am going to store a housing for more than a few weeks, I remove the oring and place it in a ziplock bag. I put the whole thing in the housing, along with a dessicant pack, and close/lock the housing. Everything stays clean and I know it is all ready to go for next time.

ScubaTexas:
What is the proper/best method to store the o-ring for the WP-DC 30 housing? Should it be removed and stored in a plastic bag, or leave in place and close/lock housing, or leave in place but leave housing opened so no pressure on o-ring in housing?

I remove the o-ring and stor it inside the closed housing and the housing goes inside of a pelican case When it's time to reassemble the system I get my glasses and a strong light and claen everythiing, re-grease the o-ring. I gues Icould use a zip lock bag to kep the o-ring clean but how much dirst getsthrough the pelican case and closed housing?

Chris - not much!

But I always use the baggie to keep any grease on the oring from getting all over the inside of the housing...there wouldn't be much, but I don't want any! Also helps protect the oring if it happens to lay on something that it might snag on.

Baggie is probably not essential - but it's worked for me :wink:

Sorry for the semi-hijack, but this is o-ring-protection related. I've got a WP-DC-60 case showing up hopefully today for the new Canon 520. Is there a source anyone can recommend for spare o-rings, just in case, and will the case come with o-ring grease, or is there a special type I should find? (Or just the o-ring grease you can buy at your local scuba shop for regulator o-rings, etc. is fine perhaps?)

RTRski

Alcina... thanks for the tip on the ziplock bag... I've just been storing the o-ring inside the closed housing but I think your idea is one notch better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom