How do you setup your Can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I noticed some people use bungies on it. Some people use bolt snaps on the line, some people use bolt snaps on the hand gaurd, some people place it on both. I would like to see or hear what you do and why? Pics are always welcome!

Im asking about the light end and not the canister end FYI.

It depends on what you like? The right way for me was cave line holding a stainless gate clip to the goodman handle. Then a small bungee with a zip tie on back of the light for other positions. The stainless double ender is clipped off to my right d ring and when needed is clipped to that bungee.

I like the bungee over the light head from side to side. It makes a great place to hold the light head by sliding a thumb in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can goes on the right side of the waist belt, there's a bolt-snap attached to the goodman handle so I can clip it off while working (in such a way as it continues to point forward so I can see what I'm working on), it's worn on my left hand while diving. For storage it's clipped off on the right side along with the secondary light and my primary second (if I've switched gases). After you've done it enough, you'll establish an order so you can just count the number of bolt snaps in from either side and know which device you're grabbing.

On my 35w HID, I have a hard goodman handle and the bolt snap is tied to the closest point to the top of the light. This way, when the light is clipped off, the cord hangs straight down, and is tucked into my belt so it doesn't flop around and possibly get snagged.

On my 12w LED... with a soft goodman handle, the bolt snap is tied wherever it will fit. It's a small little sucker. Send me an email at peter@ultimatecavediving.com and I'll send you pictures of both of my light heads.

I started with just a boltsnap tied to the Goodman handle, and an o-ring tied to the butt end of the light for temporary clipping. Then I tried the method of running bungie over the top of the light head, and clipping a double-ender between the butt o-ring and the bungie. It seemed like a great idea, but in practice, I found it made the light very difficult to clip off either permanently or temporarily. So I went back to the boltsnap, but I left the bungie, which is a convenient thumb loop and also (she says, looking around carefully to make sure that none of her cave instructors are reading over her shoulder) a great place to stick cookies either for use in short order, or on the way home . . .

I use a Halcyon 21w HID. Bolt snap on top end of goodman handle. Shock cord w/loop around tail of ballast and i run a double ender from there to the eyelet on the bolt snap. The double ender is used for placing the light in a hold position on the upper rh d-ring.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom