How do you rate Wetsuit Brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get what fits best. Without a good tight fit at the wrist, ankles and neck, water will flush too rapidly for the suit to be effective.
I have 2 Tilos, 2 ScubaPro, 1 Neosport, and 1 XS Scuba. I like the Scuba Pro and XS Scuba best but that is obviously my preference and if 10 others owned the exact same suits, I bet their opinions would be different. Forget brands, get what fits and is as comfortable as possible. Keep in mind, wearing a wetsuit is like wrapping a rubber band around your whole body at once- it aint fun.

i (have) to vote the Akona.... the main reason is, is they're the only ones who make a 'jumbo' size that need - that being said they make a great suit.... from shorty to 7mm - i have also had SUBO - (http://www.subogear.com) great suit at a great price!

I've owned a scubamax 7mm, body glove 7mm, and bare velocity 7/5.

I just got the scubamax 7mm, and it seems very good.

I thought the bare velocity 7/5 was poor quality.

friends of mine have great things so say about the excel 9/7/6

other friends have complained about their henderson 7mm hyperstretches.

hope this helps,
scott

If you want to stay warm , stay away from the henderson hyperstrech , dont know about the other brands hyperstrech suits. For the most part try it on and made sure the suit fits perfect.

Another vote for Harveys. They are pretty pricey, but you get a very good suit. The neoprene is very high-quality. You can feel the difference. Many of the less-expensive suits are lighter-weight and more easily compressed. They don't tend to insulate as well or hold up as long. Harveys also has very good seams.

I've owned many different wetsuits over the past 45 years of diving. Personally, none of the off-the-shelf wetsuits last more than a few hundred dives for me. The only one that really lasted for several years was my custom M&B and it was the warmest wetsuit all the way to the end.

i've tried many brands, including scubapro, xcel and henderson. I have multiple henderson suits now and love them. I have the hyperstretch that I layer with several suits and thicknesses, and I can still breathe and move. I am very cold natured so I wear a 5mm or more in Cozumel. I wear a Henderson trilam underneath whatever I wear. I was not happy with the fit or comfort of the other brands. It will all be based upon your fit and comfort. If the suit doesn't fit and keep the water out, you're going to get cold. Period.

Good luck.

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

Doc Harry:
Don't forget Harvey's brand, well-made wetsuits.
I,ve had several wetsuits as well and my warmest wetsuit so far is my Harvey,s Matrix semi-dry.Its a wetsuit with very minimum water exchange.I dive in the northern great lakes and its the next best thing to a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom