How do you measure scuba hoses.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if this is truly universal, but Dive Gear Express, here Rubber Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express says
"... Length is measured in inches, from end to end of hose, including the fittings and their threads. ..."

actually I was looking at Dive Gear Express... wanted to get a shorter inflator hose. my hose is kinking up my ear level... i think it's too long!

And before I replace it I was hoping to measure my hose. to know how short i'd go.

936639_10151572815287270_1937787733_n.jpg

Red Skin and white Boardies. That's me. see the inflator hose "bow"? it's a Scubapro Pure Single System. Im using an Air2. The QD adapter makes it a bit longer?

somehow on land it doesn't look that bad.

I've attached rubber rings on the corrugated hose. I'll try to dive it again this sunday. to see if it bows.

With a tape measure?
:D

Your hose is too long by several inches.

You and your buddy should work on style, I give you a 3 out of a possible 10. You are not roto-tilling since you are mid water thus the three points at least.

N

Generally in the US it's tip to tip, including the fittings, rubber; all of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom