How do you measure scuba hoses.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While you're ordering a shorter air 2 hose, consider replacing your primary 2nd stage hose with a 5 foot hose. That will accomplish two things; 1) it will get rid of the matching bow of hose now going over your right shoulder, and 2) it will allow you to comfortably share air with the air 2 set up by giving the OOA diver some room on a nice long hose. You rout the 5 ft hose under your right should, across your chest, over your left shoulder, and around behind your head.

Your hose is too long by several inches.

You and your buddy should work on style, I give you a 3 out of a possible 10. You are not roto-tilling since you are mid water thus the three points at least.

N

Function wise.. it works.. but it ain't perfect.. i could snag. im diving tropic open water most of the time. so far only . but what is roto - tilling?

---------- Post added May 19th, 2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

sir, One at a time.. that was just my 2nd dive with that rig.
I just finished my 5th dive with that rig today. Added some rubber interiors on the inflator hose making it stick with the corrugated hose. Im still waiting for the pix to come. Just got home from the dive.

Most of the hoses we get will probably be from the u.s. How is Dive Gear Express? Reliable?

7ft long hose. will probably be next.. or is it just 5ft??

Im not going full Gue. but.. if it's practical... i'll go for it.

How is Dive Gear Express? Reliable?
I have found DGX to be reliable ordering and shipping to Hawaii.

7ft long hose. will probably be next.. or is it just 5ft??
5ft is acceptable for open water. It will provide a comfortable amount of separation between donating and OOA diver. 7ft is better for confined spaces (wreck, cave) so that you can share air while swimming single-file.

i've been studying the 5ft long hose.. so it's under the right arm , across my chest to above left shoulder, circle my neck, then approach from the right.

if it's 7ft? same?

5ft is even a lot of hose already lol

i've been studying the 5ft long hose.. so it's under the right arm , across my chest to above left shoulder, circle my neck, then approach from the right.

if it's 7ft? same?

5ft is even a lot of hose already lol

for most people of average height, the 5' hose can be routed under the right arm as you indicated, and it stays pretty tight to your body. If you use a 7' hose the same way, the hose will have a lot of slack and have a tendency to form a loop that rises up behind your neck.

When using a 7' hose, you would commonly have something on your right hip such as a light canister or knife sheath that you can hook your hose under to reduce the slack. When deploying the long hose, you would give the reg to the other diver and then once they are breathing, you would reach down and unhook the long hose to deploy the full length.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom