How do you limit calories to lose fat but still gain muscle mass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Astanga Yoga
a daily 1 hour practise would clean that belly fat up in no time, I don't like the sound of the weights your doing, it seems to heavy and will wreck your joints and bones- using your own body weight is good enough.
Astanga yoga has the benefit of breath control-Ujjayi Pranayama- which is perfect for a scuba diver as you are strengthening the lung muscles which are the core of your total body strength.
This practise doesn't damage your body like machines and weights can!

Does this lady look in shape?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr8ol72ZhEI
‪Ashtanga Yoga For Beginners with Nicki Doane Part 1‬‏ - YouTube

Even if you only even do the Suryanamaskar A sequences and repeat them you will be fitter and healthier then "pumping Iron".
Namaste
Damon

I never went as far as Paleo, but I swear by low-carb. I have to modify it for diving days as I've learned, so I have some slow carbs in the morning/early afternoon. But overall it made me eat much smaller portions, my stomach just shrunk and it also helped me to control my cravings to the point I actually don't need anything sweet as long as I have something spicy :) I eat meat, veggies, legumes, cheese and sour dairy products. Or try to go for these options. I've also found a solution for my favourite spaghetti - I cook frozen vegetables that usually go into the soup and have them with ketchup and grated cheese. Yeah, ketchup is sweet but it's one of very few unhealthy things I eat nowadays :)

So many myths. IMO The only way to train is weight training. No need to powerlift or anything crazy but moderate weights done with short rest between sets and diet based on protein and veg works wonders. Add some fish oil, vitamins and whey protein and you are set. Me and my wife have been lifting since our early 20`s and look great because of it.

Most of us consume about 100+ grams more carbs than we need everyday. That adds up to a lot of fat over the years. Work out all you want but until you get your carb intake at its optimum you're just spinning your wheels.

Because when insulin spikes you go in to fat storage mode

when a diabetic takes insulin to lower their blood glucose, where does it go? in to the cells

Back
Top Bottom