How do YOU hold your 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Well, lets see.

I don't do it like he does.

If I went on a "check out" dive with him...I would be doing it wrong.

If he mentioned that fact to me, I would laugh in his face.
And you did so you'd never dive under the auspices of his institution, which would be the only situation in which he'd mention it to you. Nobody gives a RA how you dive on your own, but if you're part of a team you follow team protocol or you go away. The facts of life are, right or wrong, you drink the local kool-aid or you do not participate, no matter what form of dive god you may be. Same goes for everyone.

I have to say that this thread is a troll, it is rediculous:confused: , there is no right way and this is an example of the infinitelsmanism (is that a word?) that has taken over the scuba world.

Jeff, I would laugh in his face also--this is why I solo whenever possible:rofl3: . Wow, this is better than the MOFH vs MUC threads. :popcorn:

N
NAVED Master Diver 111

Nemrod:
I have to say that this thread is a troll, it is rediculous:confused: , there is no right way and this is an example of the infinitelsmanism (is that a word?) that has taken over the scuba world.

Jeff, I would laugh in his face also--this is why I solo whenever possible:rofl3: . Wow, this is better than the MOFH vs MUC threads. :popcorn:

N
NAVED Master Diver 111
I think this thread started out all wrong actually..
The question "how do you hold your 2nd stage" aint very specific to begin with.
"How do you hold your 2nd stage WHEN DONATING" would be a better question to start with

Tigerman:
I think this thread started out all wrong actually..
The question "how do you hold your 2nd stage" aint very specific to begin with.
"How do you hold your 2nd stage WHEN DONATING" would be a better question to start with

But he's also saying that we shouldn't cover the faceplate any other time either so the updated question doesn't really fit

JohnnyH:
Guess how I handed her my reg? She had no air left in her lungs as she had just exhaled when her (2nd) mouthpiece popped off and needed to hit that purge button asap (and yes, there is also the "swish" purge method, but she didn't know it).

John
Did pass your reg back and forth with her or did you hand your reg and go to your backup?

or did you hand her your octo?

Thalassamania:
And you did so you'd never dive under the auspices of his institution, which would be the only situation in which he'd mention it too you. Nobody gives a RA how you dive on your own, but if you're part of a team you follow team protocol or you go away. The facts of life are, right or wrong, you drink the local kool-aid or you do not participate, no matter what form of dive god you may be. Same goes for everyone.
Having a bad day are you?

JeffG:
Did pass your reg back and forth with her or did you hand your reg and go to your backup?

or did you hand her your octo?

Good question. We passed back & forth (as in two passes because it was only 23 feet) and she was very comfortable - so there was no need for a switch.

But I apologize for this thread as I didn't word the initial question properly and now my wife's giving me the bird (though this time it's turkey)

Best,
John

JohnnyH:
Good question. We passed back & forth (as in two passes because it was only 23 feet) and she was very comfortable - so there was no need for a switch.
Much simpler to go to your backup or hand her your octo (depending on your config). No need to buddy breath. Why complicate a simple thing. IMO

JeffG:
Having a bad day are you?
No, my day's excellent. I greatly appreciate your thoughts and concern.

I am sorry I said I would laugh in his face, I would not as I am actually a nice and reserved person, I would wait until he was out of my range and then laugh---to myself. I realize the purpose of his post was just good conversation, we should not get so wound up, it is the nature of things though but no reason to beat him without mercy.

Hey, JeffG, I like you :).
N

Back
Top Bottom