How do you diassemble the valve connected to the low pressure inflator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Progen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wanted to shorten the low pressure inflator hose on my Mares Hybrid Pro Tec and not knowing any better, simply cut through the hose since I couldn't feel anything inside without realizing that there was a cord connected to the valve at the aircell. After some tries, I've managed to connect it back by tying the shortened cord back to the short end at the inflator side but was thinking that it'd give me better piece of mind to have it as one piece and the best way would be to disassemble the valve at the aircell and thread a new one.

I don't mind if this will void any warranty since it was purchased online from a dealer far far away and has proven to be a rather robust BCD which I don't think will develop any manufacturing caused flaws in the near future.

Yeah, I can unscrew the cap where I can then see the cord inside which goes around a plastic rod but I'd like to dismantle it from the front (where the Mares logo is) so that I thread in a new cord.

Thanks SteveHarris. I have a similar file containing almost all of Mares' lineup. Has that diagram too. The cap fits flush against the body. Can't see any gaps. Won't budge too when twisted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom