How do you contact the dive ops on Coz??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy-S:
I am a little bummed one of the ops is already listed on this thread. I have not given that op 48hours yet so i guess I will wait a little longer.
Thanks Randy

I replied to your e-mail a few minutes ago. Your first message was received last night at 8:55pm. You should have received an auto-reply that I will have limited e-mail access this week. If not, please let me know...because I have it set and if it is not replying, I need to look into it.

I am not on the island right now and my e-mail access is limited. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Best regards,
Christi

Randy-S:
I am a little frustrated I have sent e-mails in some case's multiple e-mails to three different dive ops, and have not gotten one response. Do you call? Or do you go to there shops when on the island? :06:
Randy
Give Christi a chance to contact you. If you can get on the Shamu you will have the absolute best dive trip you can imagine. She treats you right.

I contacted five operators to set up afternoon dive a couple of weeks ago while there on cruise ship. All responded promptly although only one could guarantee dive(September is slow season and afternoon dives could not be guaranteed)

kevreid:
Christi is in Houston for DEMA but I bet she will be checking on here and get back with you. I think their Flower Garden trip was cancelled.

Got a same day email reply from Christi today (she's done that twice) so she is checking email.

Randy-S:
I am a little frustrated I have sent e-mails in some case's multiple e-mails to three different dive ops, and have not gotten one response. Do you call? Or do you go to there shops when on the island? :06:
Randy
You may want to try Sergio@ecoz.com or Scubacoz@scubacozumel.com. This is a family owned business that I have been diving with for about eight years. His phone # from the US is 011-52-987-872-0640. I would not wait until you get to the island. John

I have always used email with very good results to contact dive ops in Coz and set up my dives. Sometimes it takes a day or two before a reply comes back. They often get busy or email may be down or they may be out of town. For instance, I believe that a few of the dive ops from Coz (including at least two that are identified in this thread) are in Houston for DEMA this week.

I use Christi's op as well and have had some communication problems as well due to their email system. I usually PM her on this board and let her know that I am trying to contact her. It is private and not on the public forum.

I never email or pre-book diving in Coz, unless it's part of a package deal! My advice would be to get recommendations for multible dive operators before you leave, then book when you get there. I've always booked after arriving, most often by going thought my travel rep at my hotel or directy with the dive operator. I've never had any problems, and often been better informed to make good choices as a result. However, if you do have a problem, then just use someone else. There are tons of Ops to choose from. I would also register with the Consular office on the island.

Just so everyone knows Christi has been responding. To bad she's booked but there might be an opening. Thanks for the response Christi.
Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom