how do you carry your stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anthony12

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well I'm midway through my normoxic class and having a blast. Did a 150' wreck today. It was abit intense at first but I was able to adjust pretty quickly. I have a question for you trimix guys. How do you carry your stages. My instructor likes them both on the left, with both handsets routed to the right side. He said it was Ok if I wanted to do left=lean right=rich, but when I tried that in the pool It was very hard to get the handsets. So both on the right seems much easier and i can see both really easy that way.

anthony12 once bubbled...
Hi guys,

Well I'm midway through my normoxic class and having a blast. Did a 150' wreck today. It was abit intense at first but I was able to adjust pretty quickly. I have a question for you trimix guys. How do you carry your stages. My instructor likes them both on the left, with both handsets routed to the right side. He said it was Ok if I wanted to do left=lean right=rich, but when I tried that in the pool It was very hard to get the handsets. So both on the right seems much easier and i can see both really easy that way.

No such trouble here.. I carry stages on both sides.. usually I carry 2 40cu ft stages.. when I am teaching OC trimix classes I usually carry 80s for my students in case of trouble, and never had trouble finding the handsets.. sound like you need to work on the positioning..

When I started carrying stages I started to run both handsets down the inside of the counterlungs and I have shortened the cables so they sit nicely just at the base of the lungs level with the D rings that I use to attach the stages.

The Handset cables are shortened by running the LH handset to the right side and putting a 3 inch loop in the RH handset (using tape) and running it down the LH side.

The stages are slung from the d rings on the lungs and so the valves sit just below my handsets.

right now I'm only carrying one stage and dont have any problems, I was just thinking about down the road if I need 2. Thanks for the input!

Suggest you try to carry both stages (when the time comes) slung from your left side D-rings.

Put a 40" hose on your stage regulators. Makes it easy to route the hoses off your stages up around your neck and into your mouth from the right.

You'll find that having that right arm unobstructed can come in handy for a number of things.

Sorry, Im an idiot. I meant both on the left in the original post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom