How do Vortex V16 compare to V12 Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmmkiwi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently became departed with my beloved Oceanic Vortex V12 fins. I was going to replace them with the same model, but I'm also looking at the V16s.

Does anyone have any comments on how the V16s compare to the V12s? The reason I bought the V12s was because they were very heavy and allowed my to ditch my ankle weights. I also liked them because the blades were not as long as some other fines I have used. How does the length, weight, and flexibility of the V16s compare to the V12s? I'm looking for data on both but seem to be coming up short so I thought I would ask my friends here on ScubaBoard.

I was also wondering the same thing. Anybody try both? I do mostly shore dives with long swims and I was planning to match them with the thick soled Oceanic boots. What is the performance difference between the two?

I'm looking for something comfortable for kicking 4 plus hours at a time. Never fun being out of breath from the surface swim with my jets... or the blisters.

ive never tried them (splits are the devils work i say :D) but i know 3 divers that have both V12's and V16's and each of them have said to me last year that they prefer diving with the V12's. by memory the reason given was that the V12s were more flexible and felt better/better performance when diving

my hubby wears the V16s when teaching but the V12s for social dives

cheers

I have both of the fins, the biggest difference between the v16 and the v12 is that the v16 is going to feel a little bit stiffer than the v12. Depending on what you are mostly doing with the fins i prefer the v16 because it is stiffer, however i still like my v12's if i have to do any type of really long snorkeling. In terms of travel i use my v16 fins because they are lighter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom