How Do Install Pockets?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oxyhacker once bubbled...
Note that Halcyon doesn't really recommend Aquaseal, but rather Seal Cement made by the Aquaseal people. This is a black neoprene wetsuit cement (and just to really confuse things, not for seals) - regular Aquaseal just isn't strong enough for this job. DUI btw recommends the same stuff for pockets, on trimlam as well as neoprene.

Also, many people use the word "epoxy" loosely to mean any two part cement, and there are many different epoxies which must be matched to the job. The person could have been referring to a two part like Bostik 2402 or one of the catalyzed two part black neoprene cements. Trying to use hardware store epoxy as a replacement would not be a good idea

My message had a typo...it is Seal Cement (not Seam Cement like I said in my post). I have never tried "regular" Aquaseal, but the Seal Cement seems to work great.

lal7176 once bubbled...
I purchased a bellow pocket from fifthd and they recommended industrial strength E6000 glue.I purchased the glue from them with the pocket.I installed the pocket on my bare trilam hd drysuit.SO far the pocket has held great.E6000 glue is definitely some tough stuff.Checkout www.fifthd.com for more info.
Ditto - I used E6000 and it's holding up well. It's about $4 a tube at Target.

Pockets can be ordered as an accessory. But I contacted OS Systems to see if I could have them added to my existing suit. They said "no." I'm kind of afraid to glue anything on to the suit. I have this paranoid fear that the materials will disintegrate. Does anyone have experience with suits made by this particular company?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice...

I initially though the seal cement was Aquaseal :bonk: (couldn't find the seal cement from McNett's website :D)

Will try to look for the adhesives you guys suggested if they are available locally :)

Back
Top Bottom