How do i repair a tear in my wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellybear

Registered
Reaction score
Found 2 small tears along the stiches somwhere along the bottom of the torso area... it seems to be getting bigger...... how do i repair them?

I used aquaseal on a gash I had on my kayak spray skirt. It was probably a 2 inch gash and I thought I was going to have to trash the skirt. This fixed it right up so I could still use the skirt. That was 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I actually need to fix a small tear in my wetsuit as well.

Use neoprene glue available from Trident as well as others. Application instructions call for a couple coats before sticking the parts together but for small patches like you need, I have done it with a single coat. If it doesn't hold, you can always do it again.

The neoprene glue is flexable and will stretch with the suit. Aquaseal will also glue the pieces together very effectively but it does not stretch so it should only be used in areas that are not required to stretch.

Back
Top Bottom