How do I make DIY bungie straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically once you suggest the whipping twine I think I have found my solution.

Leave the knots in to make sure on the length, and then whipping twine them clean.

Off to play with stuff for a while. Thanks for the good ideas.

Have you ever replaced the bungie on the Seawings, or had to?

I got a couple of those SeaWing Novas bungie straps as replacements for the Scubapro Spring straps that rusted and failed at the bolt, but shortly thereafter switched away from the SP fins they are on, so they are sitting unused, except as occasional loaners. I like the overall bungie design, and the Bungie cover is nice and comfortable even on bare feet, while the original spring's cover straps were not.

I also saw someone who was struggling to fit in borrow undesized fins one time pop the bungie out of mount on those. His side covers had fallen off and they might be part of what holds the bungie in place on those.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 07:37 PM ----------

I payed with the clips and never 'saw' that looping possibility. Thanks!

What thickness of bungie is that, (on the post type)? Did you run it doubled all the way through?

Yes, I have. It's pretty easy. The cover is needed or the bungee "could" pop of the post. I had some mediums and they were a little long so I cut the bungee and re wrapped around the post, took about 5 mins. I did have to cut the pull tab on either side as the medium is longer and once you cut the bungee it won't fit. The small size pull tabs have two rings at each end and the mediums three so I just cut one ring off each side to make it shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom