How do I know what post is being replied to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarthWader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
as I read through the various threads, I often see replies to posts that don't make sense to me without reading the post that was responded to; unfortunately, I often cannot find this post.
Is there somewhere on/in the post that I've overlook that shows exactly to whom a poster is responding?

DarthWader:
as I read through the various threads, I often see replies to posts that don't make sense to me, yet I cannot find the post that was rsponded to.
is there somewhere on the post that I've overlook that shows exactly to whom a poster is responding?
Most people quote the person they are responding to, so you can see.

Some people do this...
yet I cannot find the post that was rsponded to

Which makes it more cryptic and harder to figure out who they are talking to.

Usually - if it's not quoted it's to the previous post :wink:

howarde:
Usually - if it's not quoted it's to the previous post :wink:
And you may have to change Display Mode to figure that out.

Ok... good point. (notice I'm replying to Thalassamania :D)

Under "quick links -> edit options"

make sure your options say

Thread Display ModeHere you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.
Linear -

I have mine to - Newest First - but I believe the default is oldest first :)

There should be a button on every post that says "reply to this post." Then, at the top of your post it was say "Reply to XXXX", with the XXXXs being a link to the post it is responding to. That way, when you're just responding to a post and don't want or need to quote the post people will know who you're responding to.

Beware that creative quoting happens too:D

See what happens, you try to help a person out and....NVM! (going back to my thread now) *bows head*:shakehead :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom