How do I find and download MP3's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is due back on line very soon - check Napster for updates. Limewire is a great substitute (if a little slow) and there are thousands of mp3 encoders available - do a search for 'mp3 encoder' and see what I mean!! Don't pay for any - there are loads of freeware versions.

Good luck!

I appreciate everyone's responses. I downloaded and tried a couple of places last night...just enough to lock up my computer! One thing that was common with all three was I couldn't find a way to listen to any of the music first without downloading it. Just lists of music available...maybe...from artists I never heard of.

AudioCatalyst did record tracks from my CD's into MP3's but it also caused .DLL errors when I tried to use those files in the slideshow program.

ScubaBaby, I'll look into LimeWire and hope it's different.

Heads Up - Napster has turned bad now to be honest. There are so many restrictions on it.

We got rid of it a couple of months ago cause there was getting less and less cause of regulations. Somehow Limewire has squeezed thro.

If you have a fast connection - cable, t1 or t3 then Limewire works well -esp. if you download off someone who also has a similar speed rather than modem. But even with a modem it works fine. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom