How do I become an official member?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT2

Reaction score
I started to answer in the thread about where are all the swampsters from, and then I realized that I guess just because I live in Texas, that doesn't make me a swampster. I would really like to belong and would be glad to try and meet the requirements, please let me know what I need to do.

PS I apologize for posting in your section without truly being a member, I guess I just didn't think about it, but I would really like to join if I could.

PSS I make frequent trips to Possum Kingdom lake, I also have a boat and would love for you guys and gals to come dive with me anytime. Thanks!

hrm, last time I checked the requirements you had to complete at least 50 dives while holding a water moccasin by the tail (a live one, no cheating by beating the snake senseless before the dive) and have to wrestle at least 5 alligators with nothing but a mask and a spare air bottle.

Actually, from what I've been told, all you have to do is show up and dive with other Swampsters and viola, you're a member.

If that's all it takes just let me know when and where and I will try and be there.
I was supposed to take a drysuit class a while back with TexasMike and TwoBitTexan I believe, but the class was canceled and nobody ever told me when it was reschedueled for for some reason, I hope they did not decide to do it without me. Maybe if I cn get with them and do the class it could be considered a dive with team members and I could be a member after that.
If any of you guys would like to come and dive Possum Kingdom with me, I wuld be glad to have you, heck, I'll even supply the boat, gas and drinks, maybe even dinner at one of the local BBQ joints......Let me know and Thanks!:)

Chris forgot to mentions the secret hand signals! :wink:

We're really easy...just show up to dive with us and you're in! Everyone is welcome....we let Chris join, didn't we? hehe :eek:ut:

You are now a Swamper.... Whew, that was tough. Actually just by wanting to dive in Texas with other divers, and meeting new diving friends and generally have a good SAFE time doing it, you became a member of the TSDT, congrats. Now for the drumroll please...... Dallas, add one to yur ever growin' list.... I'll update.

tony

20 1/2 days to go.

Everyone is welcome....we let Chris join, didn't we? hehe

And I'm glad ya'll did, hopefully I can make it out there and dive with the group again sometime soon - I'm about at the level of desperation that I'm going to go bathtub diving... :D

chrispete once bubbled...

And I'm glad ya'll did, hopefully I can make it out there and dive with the group again sometime soon - I'm about at the level of desperation that I'm going to go bathtub diving... :D

Don't forget to put the plug in! :D

YeeHaw!!! I'm in I'm in... Also, I am from Wichita Falls by the way. Now, how am I going to get some of you folks to come dive with me at Possum Kingdom? I am also wanting to go and dive at CSSP as soon as I can, I went to a family reunioun in July at lake Tawakoni and I stopped by to check out CSSP but I didn't get a chance to dive it ad I sure would like to go back.

I'm planning on meeting Ranz & his wife-to-be (how do you put the ' over the e in fiance?) Sunday out at CSSP. You're more than welcome to join us.

If ya can't make it I'd love to dive PK again - it's been 2 years. That's where I learned to dive so it kind of holds a spot for me.

Thanks for the invite Texass, however I can't make it to CSSP this weekend because I have agreed to help set a pump under a boathouse at PK this weekend, and you are more than welcome to come dive with me at PK anytime, by the way, who certified you? I am assuming you were certified at Scuba Point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom