How difficult is it to replace the (big) inflator hose with something longer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"ALL" is too big of a word!

I don't think Halcyon single bladder has one.
So are DGX own brand.
And there must be others as well.

The ones I know and from the main brands. I have never seen one that doesn't have it (recreational BC's). This doesn't mean that they don't exist, I just never came across them in the last 30+ years.

Do you know any that don't have a left shoulder quick dump?

Why do you want to do that? They're usually swapped out for a shorter hose, not a longer one.

I much prefer the small diameter round ones vs the large diameter oval ones.

That said, Ron is right, shorter is often the way to go unless you're installing an Air2. Then you want it long enough to be able to turn your head with the Air2 in your mouth. Then you need a good way to secure the longer hose down to your shoulder strap. I use hose magnet clips. Coating the neo magnets with epoxy to prevent rust. Solid system I've been using for years.

Swapping them out, even with the pull to dump is simple and takes 15 minutes. Cut zipties or unscrew fancy cable clamp, push pull cord pins, replace with new.

Does someone make one of these (longer hose with pull cable) for the Zeagle Covert?? I don't see one on their site.

I have an Air 2 (actually the Atomic version.)

The factory hose is a bit short. (The Atomic low pressure hose is long enough, but the BCD corrugated hose is short.)

It's an Aqualung Rogue BCD. It's got a proprietary fitting and hose. Doesn't look anything like the hose/fitting on my wife's Zeagle BCD (which looks like a standard corrugated hose.)

I will take it to my local dive shop and see what they can do with it.

The title of this thread is total click bait. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom