How did you discover ScubaBoard?

How did you discover ScubaBoard?

• Through a friend

• Internet search (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc)

• On social media

• Through print media

• From the Super Bowl ad

• Can’t remember

• Other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost selected that I don't remember. I joined back in 2006 (under my Divin'Hoosier account) and that was before I was on Facebook. I didn't know any other ScubaBoard members personally at the time so it had to be from a Google search. I'm a huge "Googler" and was way back in 2006. I have very little doubt that I stumbled upon it from doing Google searches shortly after getting certified as I was craving as much data as possible on equipment and further training.

During open water class the instructor warned us about scubaboard as it was a source for misinformation. I immediately went and checked it out. I can't really say he was wrong. :wink:

An American couple I met in Curacao took me under their wings during a boat dive when they realized it was my first diving vacation after I got OW.

After that trip, they said they were headed to Costs Rica next year, and I should join them. At this time, they were the only people I personally knew who were active scuba divers. They said to jump on scubaboard and ask about hotels, dive ops, and dive site.

I said, "scuba what?".
They said, "scubaboard"

And that is how I found scubaboard.

An American couple I met in Curacao took me under their wings during a boat dive when they realized it was my first diving vacation after I got OW.

After that trip, they said they were headed to Costs Rica next year, and I should join them. At this time, they were the only people I personally knew who were active scuba divers. They said to jump on scubaboard and ask about hotels, dive ops, and dive site.

I said, "scuba what?".
They said, "scubaboard"

And that is how I found scubaboard.
And your life has never been the same...

I was searching for the SNUBA-Board website, but sadly ScubaBoard came up instead.

25365595-9D01-468A-AE2C-A773F24E91C6.jpeg

Actually my wife told me about ScubaBoard.

I lost a weight belt during my second shore dive and a person that found it the next weekend was nice enough to post it.

Someone I was diving with saw it and let me know about. I was a new diver and had never heard of Scubaboard previously.

I still dive with that belt now years later and thought karma had come calling when I found two weight pockets last year in the same location. Alas, my post went unclaimed.

I lost a weight belt during my second shore dive and a person that found it the next weekend was nice enough to post it.

Someone I was diving with saw it and let me know about. I was a new diver and had never heard of Scubaboard previously.

I still dive with that belt now years later and thought karma had come calling when I found two weight pockets last year in the same location. Alas, my post went unclaimed.

Great story, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom