How deep have you taken your HOG reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mine was in 36 degree water , alot different than 60-70

Of course they still work at depth, but what about longevity on these budget regs? Who here has done a big number of dives on them or owned one for a very long time, and how has it held up?

Mine have worked flawlessly for at least 200 dives. Guess I should do a rebuild one of these days! Been at least two years.

Five sets, Four years, 300 or more dives in total, 0 problems.

240’ is the deepest. No issues. Multiple dives below 200’, dozens of dives below recreational depth, and a couple hundred shallower than 100’ dives. Had mine for almost 3 years now and i still like them a lot! I use the d3 firsts with zenith seconds. My wife uses the d3 with classics and several of my students use hogs and like them.
Ill also add that ive used them for side and backmount. Clear caves, mucky rivers, silty quarries and under ice. Performance was great in all environments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom