HOW DEEP HAVE YOU GONE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kubefish

I believe that the world record for an air dive is almost 600 feet. A little insane if you ask me. I am sure that someone on this board can give you the exact figure. Your friend’s dive to 303 feet is possible, however not really recommended. Many of the other members have given you a lot of information so I will try to keep this brief.

There are many things that can affect a diver while diving deep. The obvious consequence of diving deep is nitrogen narcosis. One of the other consequences is oxygen toxicity. If the partial pressure of oxygen is to high, greater than 1.6 ATA, or you expose yourself to a given pressure for a long period of time you run the risk of oxygen toxicity. With Air a 1.6 ATA partial pressure of oxygen happens at 218 feet and your total oxygen clock allows you to stay for 45 minutes. Obviously this is significantly deeper and longer than any no decompression dive that is possible. There are individuals that push these GUIDLINES and go deeper for longer, however they risk blackouts and other potential serious problems. A person’s physical fitness, mental fitness and diving comfort/ability will greatly effect an individuals ability to successfully complete these dives.

My advice stay above 220 feet on air.

Enough preaching, dive and have fun. If you want to go deep go slow, dive with people who have deep experience and get the proper training. There is a lot to see so enjoy!

I've always beleived:

It's not how deep you dive, it how you blow your bubbles that matter!

156.56fsw...but who's counting...

Wow - amazing tales, y'all. Gives me the shivers thinking about going deeper than 40m. I'm with Joe - purely a rec diver (notice I didn't include candy-a---d in that!) who would rather dive to depths where there is more abundant life and colour.... brrrrr!

My deepest dive so far is to 78m. What is ffw or fsw?? :confused:

78m? 78m? Wow!

I think that is more fsw than you intended!

Joewr...who is still looking at his calculator!

Do you think she hit that 1.6 ata thing mentioned above?

Creamed It! Now she is not in my league any more--Keralucu, unless you change your story, you are officially removed from the rolls of the Candy A** Divers of the World, SSN Chapter! Recant,sinner, recant!

Joewr--and jdb, too!

of her O2 clock she used?

OK, ok.... I made a BIG (should I say DEEP) gaff! Oh wise one, Joe the Corrector... you got me...

I was wondering so much about the FFW & FSW that I confused myself and typed in metres after having just worked out the feet equivalent.... duh :loopy:

and YES, Thailand uses metric! My deepest dive was 78FEET! (or FSW to be exact!)

:p

O2 clock is still intact.

I read a post today about someone diving in balmy 16 degree water. :whoa: was my first thought until I realized it was one of our metric friends. Geez i hate when I get that :loopy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom