How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Normally I stay above 100', unless there is something to see. Cozumel, Devil's throat came out at about 130'. In Curacao the dive shop instructed me that going off the left side of the pier would take me to 25', the right side dropped off to 400'
I wasn't sure if he meant right side going out, or looking towards shore :wink:
I went off the left most of the time until I knew the layout. Finally I went off the right near an outcropping, free-falling past the reef. It bottomed out for a bit at about 140', then it started to drop off again. Deep dark & blue, if it hadn't been for a nice size Queen Angel at 140' I wouldn't have gone that far.
Didn't stay long & I had a 2nd reg w/80 tank just in case.
Later the Dive Master was boasting about a tugboat wreck at 160', I said let's go!
He suddenly didn't want to when he realized I had the gear & knowledge to go.
Bummer....

Anyone can go deep!

To go there and stay a while, then come back safely is where its at...
My deepest 315'. Someone smart once said

"To air is human, to trimix is devine"

Boy have I "sunk to a new low" ....... last year the deepest I dove was 30 ft. in a freshwater lake >>>>>>>>>> going to Cozmel in 2 weeks and can't wait to get a "deeper understanding" and be "one with the sea" again ............

120 ft...punta sur in cozumel

South Pacific Diver:
Anyone can go deep!

To go there and stay a while, then come back safely is where its at...
My deepest 315'. Someone smart once said

"To air is human, to trimix is devine"

cool. what was the site? and what deep dives below 180 ft have you done?

Sorry, I am only nosy cause this intrigues me.

reefsong:

first...hey reef....how about them bears...the future 2007 super bowl champs!!

remember from the 80's :djbluey: "We are the Bears shuffling crew..." with Sweetness (Walter Payton), Mike Singleterrry, Jim Mcmahon, a the Fridge:D

anyway, I most enjoyed the posts of Deep Sea Dan and the rest. Always great to hear stuff from Mike V.

Bears are gonna win the superbowl this year, and you know the cubbies are gonna win the world series this year:wink: Sorry if u are a sox fan.

AXL72:
first...hey reef....how about them bears...the future 2007 super bowl champs!!

remember from the 80's :djbluey: "We are the Bears shuffling crew..." with Sweetness (Walter Payton), Mike Singleterrry, Jim Mcmahon, a the Fridge:D

anyway, I most enjoyed the posts of Deep Sea Dan and the rest. Always great to hear stuff from Mike V.

Bears are gonna win the superbowl this year, and you know the cubbies are gonna win the world series this year:wink: Sorry if u are a sox fan.
don't count out my DALLAS COWBOYS yet ......... they're about to reload and come out gunning next saturday

140 feet on air for 8 minutes... to see if I could experience nitrogen narcosis for the first time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom