How dangerous is diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is only macho and dangerous because he has no safeties. He slips and falls, he decks out and game over.

If he were to have the "normal" triade gear (ropes, cams hexes, harness) this is would be considered a sport that is practiced by a lot of people. You slip, you fall and you recover and continue. The same conversation takes place over at Rock Climibing.com on the risk invovling top roping, sport climb, triade climbing and free climbing. There are a lot of climbers being injuried top roping versus traid climbing due to the lack of experiance and complancency in the preconceieved notion that top roping is a safer sport than triade climbing.

An interesting conudrum... who's idiots are more likely to die? Ours or there's?

An interesting conudrum... who's idiots are more likely to die? Ours or there's?

Depends on how you look at the stat's, who you talk to too. I also skydive and the same coversation takes place on Dropzone.com. I compete in sprints and 1/2 iron mans and the same conversation takes place on runners.com. People perish doing hobbies and sports all the time. The people practicing/competing in those hobbies and sports converses on how dangerous their sports/hobbies are and thier opinion's on how to do the hobbie/sport safer. Some of the opinions should be heeded while others are just plain ridiculous.

I had more close calls training on my Bianchi bicycle than climbing, scuba or skydiving. I been hit by a car twice so far on my bicycle and bit by several dogs. So I would say bicycling is more dangerous for this idiot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom