How close to your dive buddy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am never more than 6 inches from my dive buddy. He's bright yellow, 19cf..... and his name is Silent Bob..

CVn9mnH.jpg

5wzCCzr.jpg

I try to keep my dive buddy within sight … if vis is 5 ft then 5ft … if we have 40 foot of vis then 40 foot..

I try to keep my dive buddy within sight … if vis is 5 ft then 5ft … if we have 40 foot of vis then 40 foot..

Sometimes to get photos like this with my son some distance required... also at a shallow depth....
Sardines in Moalboal Cebu

SARDINE RUN SEP 2018.jpg

I don't remember if it was discussed in PADI OW for me but how close do you stay to your dive buddy? Is PADI or other schools is there something taught?

If its my wife I usually stay withing 5'.

If I'm diving with others it might be as far at 10-15'

With our VIS it's not uncommon to bump into my buddy doing frog kick. My rule is my buddy is within reach of me.

Wow.. my post from "Jan 4, 2012" reboot.

I would say after my fundies class I try to stay a lot more dialed into my dive buddy or buddies. Descend within a few feet.. ascend within a few feet but as for when I'm cruising around I try to stay with and kick or 2 from each other.. unless we are in formation which is how I would be diving with other like minded GUE divers.

Back
Top Bottom