How can I determine if my drysuit is too big?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the main problem with purchasing dive gear that needs to fit properly over the Internet.
Fortunately, DRIS has a reputation for excellent customer service and should be willing to do an exchange/refund for you.

As others have recommended, try on the drysuit with the thickest undergarments you intend to wear. That may take up some of the slack in the suit. It is possible to think that the suit is too baggy if you try it on with just shorts and a t-shirt.

That being said, based on your physical dimensions, I suspect a size medium might fit you better. Not sure why the dealer suggested a medium-large -- perhaps it was the nearest size in-stock or on sale? If you refer to the Pinnacle sizing charts, you're in the middle of the weight/height range for size medium, but your height is at the low end of medium-large and your weight is below that specified for medium-large. But charts are just guidelines. There is no substitute for trying on an exposure suit in person.

In real world diving, you could make a slightly-too-big shell drysuit work in a pinch. However, if you're going to be spending several hundred dollars on a drysuit, it makes sense to get one that fits properly. You'll be much happier with it in the long run.

Hope this helps...

Hey Stephen! I have the boots to go along with it but they are a little big. I may have to go get some CT's. Once I get this issue straightened out I'll definitely get in touch with you, if not before.

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll try all the aforementioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom