How can I be nice and cozy in my drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I also need a bit more lead so I can put more air in my suit. At the end of the dive I was getting more and more shrink wrapped and could really feel the cold coming through my suit.
Good idea. I routinely add about 2kg/4# to my belt in the winter.

Lead = warmth. Just don't overdo it. A couple of kilos above minimum (summer) weighting is often a good compromise. Provided you use the same underwear. If you add underwear, you effectively add air to your suit, so you should check your weighting again.

And congratulations on the progress!

Just a heads-up on a deal on Icebreaker merino long underwear, as long as you don't mind the odd camo pattern. 60% off on 200 g "Ika" tops and bottoms in the mossy oak camo, so $40 each instead of ~$100. Haven't worn them in the water yet, but they kept me warm and dry while I cleared 25" of snow from a long driveway today. I don't mind the pattern, but I find the idea of camo BASE layers to be a bit strange. <shrug>
http://www.icebreaker.com (search for "Ika" or just filter by "60% off").
Merino-camo.jpg
BTW, that's not me in the pic, it's from the Icebreaker website. I wear a considerably larger size than that male model :wink:

Good idea. I routinely add about 2kg/4# to my belt in the winter.

Lead = warmth. Just don't overdo it. A couple of kilos above minimum (summer) weighting is often a good compromise. Provided you use the same underwear. If you add underwear, you effectively add air to your suit, so you should check your weighting again.

And congratulations on the progress!

Thank you :)

I am currently using 3kg of lead with my double 7 300bar and steel backplate. I am going to to try putting in an extra kilo. 2kg in each pocket is about the maximum I can easily squeeze in them.

So I will also need a v-weight or something like that for when I go saltwater diving :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom