how are diving conditions in tubbataha near end of season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twomixdiver:
But May 27 is new moon, hence the currents will be more awesome....
It may come to the point that the vessel owners may choose to call-off the rest of the season if the operating cost and the wear and tear of equipment proves too much.

So I guess I should bring my gloves and start working out. The more challenging the trip the more memorable it will be. I'll just pray the conditions won't get so bad that they'll have to cancel the trip. But even if they do, I'll just go home and get on with my life. Luckily I live in Puerto Princesa and a cancelled 2bba trip won't be too much of a hassle.

Thanks for the insight Gordon.

Cathy

"Peter showed us the Talusi while it was being constructed in Roxas (Coco loco) several years ago. It's a good boat maybe too small for rough seas. Actually I don't mind rough seas because I rarely get seasick, but I would be disappointed if I don't get to see "underwater action" (as 2mix puts it). It's Ok with me not to see hammerheads but did you still see a lot of "big fish" and other pelagics? Did you get to dive less because of the adverse conditions? The last time I went we were allowed 4 -5 per day but the night dives weren't very impressive. How was the viz?"

Sure, we saw lot's of "big stuff". On every dive we saw at least one whitetip shark, your occasional grey reef shark. Most of the time you'd loose count of the number of sharks you'd see during a dive. Very many turtles too. Only saw one or two mantas in the distance. Many other pelagic fish too. Reef in very nice condition too. So, very good diving, unless you happen to be a macro freak.
Viz was roughly 40-50 meters on every dive, so nothing to complain about there!

We weren't hindered in any way by the weather. So we could do as many dives as we wanted too. Peter is a certified "madman", as he is the first dive professional that I've met that did _all_ the dives the guests did. He still loves diving, and will take every chance he can to go diving.

As of the actual material of the hull I could very well be wrong, it could be fibreglass for all I know...

erik.p:
"Peter showed us the Talusi while it was being constructed in Roxas (Coco loco) several years ago. It's a good boat maybe too small for rough seas. Actually I don't mind rough seas because I rarely get seasick, but I would be disappointed if I don't get to see "underwater action" (as 2mix puts it). It's Ok with me not to see hammerheads but did you still see a lot of "big fish" and other pelagics? Did you get to dive less because of the adverse conditions? The last time I went we were allowed 4 -5 per day but the night dives weren't very impressive. How was the viz?"

Sure, we saw lot's of "big stuff". On every dive we saw at least one whitetip shark, your occasional grey reef shark. Most of the time you'd loose count of the number of sharks you'd see during a dive. Very many turtles too. Only saw one or two mantas in the distance. Many other pelagic fish too. Reef in very nice condition too. So, very good diving, unless you happen to be a macro freak.

We weren't hindered in any way by the weather. So we could do as many dives as we wanted too. Peter is a certified "madman", as he is the first dive professional that I've met that did _all_ the dives the guests did. He still loves diving, and will take every chance he can to go diving.

As of the actual material of the hull I could very well be wrong, it could be fibreglass for all I know...
erik.... you're in sweden now???

Jag

erik.p:

Thanks Erik. Now I'm convinced I should go.

As for Peter, I agree that he's a very dedicated dive pro. On a night dive in Cocoloco, he guided us underwater for 2 hrs till our tanks were down to 500. Each dive with him is "sulit"- worth every centavo. It's sad they had to sell the Talusi.

Cathy

CLA - I hope you have a great trip, and I agree, too bad they had to sell.

Shugar - I'm in Sweden but I might have confused you a bit by quoting CLA in my reply, sorry.

erik.p:
CLA - I hope you have a great trip, and I agree, too bad they had to sell.

Shugar - I'm in Sweden but I might have confused you a bit by quoting CLA in my reply, sorry.
no you didn't confuse me... i got surprised by your avatar and location...

studying or conference? i have your PPD tags w/ me, where do i send it? (and NOT sweden... water there's too cold for us pinoys hehehehehe)

Jag

Back
Top Bottom