How an independent instructor can sell Mares product as authorized dealer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked Mares "just add water" and Bronx Scuba is no longer listed as a dealer...

who gives a ****, I can change a webpage in a matter of minutes, doesn't mean a thing that they are listed or not

who gives a ****, I can change a webpage in a matter of minutes, doesn't mean a thing that they are listed or not

very true..but at the least it shows Mares took some kind of action..now to hear an explaination of how an independent without any of the requirements needed to become a dealer (storefront/compressor/etc) became a listed dealer to begin with.I do not think that will happen here.

Yea, we really need a 3rd party LDS police to enforce sales agreements.

very true..but at the least it shows Mares took some kind of action..now to hear an explaination of how an independent without any of the requirements needed to become a dealer (storefront/compressor/etc) became a listed dealer to begin with.I do not think that will happen here.

I don't think it should happen here, I know a Mares dealer thats part of a surveying company, Its a storefront, they have a compressor, they qualify, not only can you get your tanks filled you can get your property surveyed as well. Do I care, not at all, would I care if I was another Mares dealer, nope.

Oly,

You made it clear you don't care of the outcome, You have been told over and over they will not discuss it in the open forum.

I would assume you have sent your details to Zack and he has put you in contact with their regional sales manager.. As you said they have been removed from the site

So why the bitch fest? Why is this thread even still open? You bitched about it, they resolved the issue get over it. Why it happened or how it happened is none of your business you pointed out the concern / Flaw in there system and they cleared it up.

I don't think it should happen here, I know a Mares dealer thats part of a surveying company, Its a storefront, they have a compressor, they qualify, not only can you get your tanks filled you can get your property surveyed as well. Do I care, not at all, would I care if I was another Mares dealer, nope.

Only trying to show that the "playing field" is not always level. For someone to be able to offer gear without the requirements set by a manufacturer is not fair or right for all in this industry.An LDS owner may have hundreds of thousands $ tied up in his/her business.Is it right that someone with no investment can undersell him? It could be a problem with the industry ..as to a surveying company being a dealer,if it fits the requirements of the manufacturer,then let it be.Most manufacturers require the storefront,business licenses and to offer to the public regular business hours provide gear,air fills and training.Does the survey company do that? .If you were a Mares dealer I am sure that you would care that a local customer of yours can get some gear at the same price or even lower than what you can offer it after you invested alot of $ into the business. Again I commend Mares for correcting their web site listing .Mistakes happen, totally understand that..I just think that this is not just a isolated incident,that any manufacturer can be doing this.

Nah, wouldn't bother me, I don't see how you consider it underselling, I think your mixing that up with competition. If you have met all requirements for a dealer and are infact following MAP pricing, it should come down to who offers better service and a better attitude toward customers

waaa waaa waaaa, someone sure has sour grapes. Great way to use a public forum to throw a guy under the bus when you haven't even contacted him. Especially since he isn't even here to defend himself.

Only trying to show that the "playing field" is not always level. For someone to be able to offer gear without the requirements set by a manufacturer is not fair or right for all in this industry. An LDS owner may have hundreds of thousands $ tied up in his/her business.Is it right that someone with no investment can undersell him? It could be a problem with the industry ..as to a surveying company being a dealer,if it fits the requirements of the manufacturer,then let it be.Most manufacturers require the storefront,business licenses and to offer to the public regular business hours provide gear,air fills and training.Does the survey company do that? .If you were a Mares dealer I am sure that you would care that a local customer of yours can get some gear at the same price or even lower than what you can offer it after you invested alot of $ into the business. Again I commend Mares for correcting their web site listing .Mistakes happen, totally understand that..I just think that this is not just a isolated incident,that any manufacturer can be doing this.

Your goal was to police a retail agreement that you aren't a party of because it some how upset you.

Back
Top Bottom