How about Yap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We leave Friday, Yap & Chuuk! Will post the usual Gallery, Trip Report and Slide Show, now with HD video on our return, sometime after the Feb. 13th

Which island will you do first? Are you going with a dive group or just you and wife? Have you looked at arrival and deprture times with Continental toYap?

Have a great trip and safe diving

So, for someone from Texas, very easy to get to Yap. COntinental from Houston to HOnolulu then off to Guam and Yap. The hotel picks you up at the airport.

The diving is: 2 boat dives in the morning, back to resort for lunch. Then you can go out for more dives or experience the culture through tours or village dance etc.

The mantas are amazing, I would really suggest Aug through Oct for best conditions and great manta action with the clearest water. In fact, i will be there this Sept for 2 weeks teaching photo and video classes and putting on nightly presentations. Its a thing called Manta Fest 2008, more info on Manta Ray Bay Hotel & Yap Divers in Micronesia - diving where the mantas dive

I think its a great place to go for a holiday and you will enjoy the diving

Mike
What about Yap in November? We are going to Palau this Nov and thinking about tacking on a week in Yap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom