How about Southern Leyte??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw:
Could you tell me the website of this forum?
Hi BearTeacher,

We have just today set up a new ScubaBoard forum dedicated to diving in the Philippines. Look for us in the ScubaBoard section on Clubs.

bearteacher.tw:
I plan to dive with Peter around the dive sites in Southern Leyte on early Febuary next year.

Could anyone provide me some reviews about diving in Southern Leyte?

Thanks.

I just got back from Peter's and Sabang last month.
Peter's dive op is very laid back, healthy reefs, good viz, excellent food, beer is cold, who needs hot water? beds are ultra hard and not very thick, you might consider bringing an air mattress. Real friendly staff. A very relaxing dive vacation for me. There's not much to do except dive, eat, drink, although the local karaoke is fun after a few San Miguels & there's a nice hike up the top of the hill with gorgeous views. The currents at the fish sanctuary were brutal. I got slammed from 60' to 120' in a matter of seconds. First time I ever saw my bubbles go DOWN! After the washing machine effect we just swam through it and continued the dive along the wall. Later that week a few other divers went to the same site and they had to abort the dive cause they were swept way out into the blue. Just try to stay close to the wall. Heh, heh, you'll see. Other than that, the other dives were stress free.
Frontier/rustic diving at it's best. If you want to get away from congested dive locales Peter's is THE place. HTH

bearteacher.tw:
Did you see?

I can't wait to visit Peter's!!

Nope! We did not see any whalesharks.
However we did come across some pilot whales on the surface.
Not a bad trade off.
You'll have a nice relaxing time. Remember what I said about those hard beds. Try and get a bungalow away from the bar/dining area. It will be a little quieter. Have fun!

bearteacher.tw:
Did you see?

I can't wait to visit Peter's!!
When I was there a couple of years ago (in August) Peter told me Jan-Jun was the whale shark season, so if you are there in early Feb I would guess you have a good chance at seeing them.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom