How about Belize!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi ed... did you stay with reefci? i'm considering it.... what was your experience like? thanks!

The blue hole trip is definately worthwhile. Its not everyday that you get to dive amongst stalactites! Plus the 2 dives afterwards are some of the best dives I have ever done. Yes it is a day long trip but you have lunch on half moon caye which is a reserve for red footed boobie birds so theres more to it than just diving the blue hole.

In my opinion definately a must-do when in Belize.

Megan

The Blue Hole seems to have a bit of varied opinions. 5 hours of riding in a boat to get to the Blue Hole and back... I've talked to some that said it was worth it and others have told me that it's a big waste of time and money....

Dan, welcome to Scuba Board!

That pretty well sums up what divers here have to say about the BH, too.

The only way to know for sure is to do it yourself. Then you'll have an opinion based on your own experience rather than on what other folks are telling you, which isn't that much help since there's such a split.

Five hours r/t to do an in/down/up/out dive where good viz and shark sightings may or may not happen is a bit much. But as Gaz, in an earlier post in this thread, and many others have said, the other two dives in the area are incredible and five hours r/t to do those two dives would be well worth it in my book. In that light, a unique dive like the BH is really just a bonus and not the main attraction.

For me, the bottom line is that even a bad day of diving in Belize beats a great day at the office like a rented mule.

Not that I've ever had a bad day of diving in Belize...

As always, ymmv and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
I tried offering a 3-wall-dive day trip to Lighthouse Atoll but didn't attract enough interest to run it very often. The BH dive is the draw.

Well, Peter, I take that as just another piece of evidence proving that mankind hasn't evolved all that far from chimps when you get right down to it. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom