Houston Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetodive2

Reaction score
Wanted to see if any of you Houston divers have a suggestion for a good dive shop or two in Houston? I am in the Pearland area and work in Houston off 288/610. I have been to a few but wasn't
super impressed. Thanks all for your help.:help:

I used Houston Scuba Academy to book a Flower Gardens trip - the staff members I met have all been super. But I've never actually been to the store.
Rick

Originally posted by lovetodive2
Wanted to see if any of you Houston divers have a suggestion for a good dive shop or two in Houston? I am in the Pearland area and work in Houston off 288/610. I have been to a few but wasn't super impressed. Thanks all for your help.:help:

According to Beast the two closest shops to you that we like are.. Houston Scuba Academy
12505 Hillcroft (about 1.5 mi. off Beltway 8)
713/721-7788

Sea Sports Scuba (1 of 5)
7543 Westeimer (shopping center at corner of Hillcroft and Westeimer)
713/977-0028
There's at least 4 dive shops on Westeimer but this is our favorite one.

We like both these shops. They carry different lines of gear and both have indoor pools. The staff at both stores are very nice, knowledgeable and friendly even when you don't buy anything!

Those are good shops with a good assortment of equipment and possibly the closest to you. Another is Gigglin Marlin, 11246 S. Post Oak just south of 610 - small shop with very nice people.

If you are willing to drive alittle there are scores of shops in the Houston area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone. Houston Scuba (off Hilcroft) is where I use to work when I was a kid. Didn't now how people felt about it now.
I can start with the ones you listed, so thanks for the suggestions. I am really getting excited about meeting new dive buddies and getting in the water. This board has made me realize how much I have missed getting wet. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom